Thursday 16 April 2009

A little something.

So I've been saying/singing an order for Compline most nights, and there's a verse before and after the Nunc Dimittis:

Save us, O Lord, while waking,
and guard us while sleeping,
that awake we may watch with Christ,
and asleep may rest in peace.


And what my brain has done with that is this:

From Randomness


I have no idea whether I'm fitting the words to an existing campfire round or whether I made this one up. I thought, "those words would make a good round" and then it was just sort of there, and it has stayed for a while. But it really does want to be sung as a round, and I can only do that in my head.

Please feel free to use it, or not. And please tell me if I've nicked someone else's tune!

2 comments:

it's margaret said...

oh --i like it! thanks! bless you! do some more!!!

Song in my Heart said...

I'm delighted that you like it.

I'll do more when I've finished my degree, I think. If any happen to pop up before then I'll jot them down but really until the end of June I need to keep my head down.